Wednesday, January 21

I am not heterosexual or homosexual. I am a daughter of God. -A thought about love.



I have come to the conclusion that the terms heterosexual and homosexual are scientific categorizations for hormones.  I do not define myself in either one of these categories.  I believe I am a daughter of God.  I believe it is his plan I want to follow –to have a family and to be with them forever in love.  I will do whatever it takes to follow that plan.  I believe homosexual or heterosexual feelings have everything to do with hormones and lust and nothing to do with true love.. and here’s why:

Before meeting my husband, I believed that in order to find “the one” whom I could share my love with, I had to be attracted to them by my hormones.  Every time I tried this equation.. something like “Chemistry=Love,” I found heartbreak.  Something wasn’t right.  I came to a time where I finally gave myself fully to God.  I prayed that if he wanted me to have his children he would have to send me a man (and hopefully a good one).  I said if that was not in my plan, then I would do whatever it was he wanted me to do, like going on a mission. 

Heavenly Father was already in the works to answer my prayer at that very moment, but I didn’t recognize it until I allowed him to lead my life fully.  I had already been on a couple dates with the man I was going to marry, but I hadn’t had those “chemical hormones” for him… until.. I allowed myself to see the good things about him and truly get to know him.  I realized that he was truly a good man and following that feeling came a feeling of love, peace, and happiness.  It was much different than the lust I had previously experienced with all the other guys.  This was the beginning of true love.  That love continues to grow because I choose him every day and I direct my hormones to him and him only.  I commited when I got married that I would give everything to him as he gives everything to God. 

Honestly, if I choose to allow my hormones at this point in life to direct me (rather than controlling and directing them myself), I would have the possibility of committing adultery -I mean, there are a lot of fish in the sea, right?  Would that bring me happiness?  What would the consequences be for following such a path?  I think there would be heartache for my husband and for my children, as well as my parents and siblings, extended family, friends and church members.  Every choice I make effects a whole web of people, including myself.  I would further myself from God because I broke my promise to him.  No mistaking, he’s always there for me, but I would be the one to distance myself from him.  Happiness?  I think not.

So at this current moment I am in the reigns.  I control my hormones.  I believe that uncontrolled hormones have everything to do with the “natural man.”  Remember, the natural man is an enemy to God.  The natural man believes in following what comes naturally instead of taking control over your body.  Now, God has everything in the entire universe.  He has control and power over stars, constellations, planets, galaxies, plants, animals, and creating us!  That is a lot!  He certainly knows what he is doing.  I believe him when he says there is only one way to happiness –having a family unit in love and righteousness forever.  Doesn’t that sound glorious and refreshing?!  We have so many unhappy families right now.  Our world is going crazy.  Why?  -Because the family is being broken down in every direction.  We (a general term) don’t know which way is The Way anymore.  It gives me comfort to know that Jesus Christ says “I am the way.” 

Heavenly Father is this amazing being that wants to give his offspring EVERYTHING.  His riches are true riches and eternal happiness.  He knew that in order to give us everything we would have to accept it into our lives.  He can’t just force it upon us.  He gave us agency and because of that freedom, we can have the most glorious joy knowing that we chose something good and amazing.  Many choose to use their agency to go the other direction.  But as they travel on their journey towards who knows what, there is one person they come closer to.  His name is Satan.  He is a being that would like very much to have all power and his power comes from us rebelling against God.  Luckily, God has much more power than Satan will ever have, but Satan doesn’t know that.  He doesn’t have faith in God.  He thinks he will really win and is aggrandized when people join his armies.  Do you really want to be enchained to him? 

I believe it is most loving to believe that every single human being has full potential and to believe in them as such.  It is not really loving, as Satan would have you think, to say, “Hey, this is the way he is, so just let him do whatever he wants.”  -As if that person is not capable of becoming something great.  We all are changing beings.  Every life experience has the capacity to change us in some way.  To stop ourselves from change, especially good change is to basically stop ourselves in becoming anything better (therefore comes the term damnation).  Take Barak Obama for example.  He gave in to his natural man as a younger adult and allowed drugs to take over his life.  Had he stayed in this course, he would have been a goner, and he admits that.  He is grateful that something pulled him through that aweful captivating time so that he could do something more with his life, like becoming president or something.  

There is potential in all of us.  Don’t give up on yourself and don’t give up on others.  We all have the potential to have a happy family life forever and live as God lives.  Of course all have agency.  All sin.  No matter what choices anyone makes, God will love them because they are his children.  I believe every person has the ability to choose who’s side they are on.  I do not believe in standing idlely by thinking that someone must not need the invitation to come to God through Jesus Christ.  All have a right to happiness, which means all have the right to live as God lives.  We all need the atonement in our lives.  The closer we come to God, the more we realize that.  Don’t be afraid to embrace his gospel, because it is the way to happiness.  Refuse to be categorized by scientists and instead think in terms of God, that you are a son or daughter of God and that he wants you to be happy. 


I love God.  I have experienced joy through his plan.  And that means everything to me.  I’m glad he is my hero and keeps me away from Satan’s chains.  I am grateful we all have the chance to receive true love and happiness, and that is enough for me.  It is never to late.  He loves you RIGHT NOW because you are his.  He wants to be yours.  Will you let him?

1 comment:

Shantelle said...

This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing!!