I feel like lately I've been getting way too many
reminders that life is too fragile!

Last night Elizabeth ended up in the Emergency Room.
While I was feeding Ashlyn after 3am,
Elizabeth threw up and started choking.
Luckily she was able to cry out enough for Brett
to hear her. I didn't even hear a peep!
She threw up this stuff that looked like beans and raw meat.
Only, she didn't have any meat that I could think of (or beans).
So I was like,
"Oh my goodness! Is she throwing up flesh?!"
So I ended up taking her to the ER
because we were both feeling worried about it.
Luckily before we went, Brett gave her a blessing,
which ultimately helped me to stay semi-calm.
In the blessing he said that Elizabeth would cooperate with
the doctors and nurses and that angels would attend her.
After we got there, she was calm and cooperative.
(Normally, when we go to the doctor, she's really shy and
sometimes cries about it.)
They put an IV in her arm to get some hydration in her
(since she hadn't really eaten or drank much for the past
couple days prior to that.)
Then they did some blood tests.
In the meantime, I realized that the stuff she threw up
was probably some turkey she had a week ago.
For the past few days I've been wondering whether or not
she has something called Cystic Fibrosis.
-Which is when the body can't digest fats and proteins properly.
I prayed that I would know whether or not I needed to go
see a doctor for that, just hours before this incident.
reminders that life is too fragile!
Last night Elizabeth ended up in the Emergency Room.
While I was feeding Ashlyn after 3am,
Elizabeth threw up and started choking.
Luckily she was able to cry out enough for Brett
to hear her. I didn't even hear a peep!
She threw up this stuff that looked like beans and raw meat.
Only, she didn't have any meat that I could think of (or beans).
So I was like,
"Oh my goodness! Is she throwing up flesh?!"
So I ended up taking her to the ER
because we were both feeling worried about it.
Luckily before we went, Brett gave her a blessing,
which ultimately helped me to stay semi-calm.
In the blessing he said that Elizabeth would cooperate with
the doctors and nurses and that angels would attend her.
After we got there, she was calm and cooperative.
(Normally, when we go to the doctor, she's really shy and
sometimes cries about it.)
They put an IV in her arm to get some hydration in her
(since she hadn't really eaten or drank much for the past
couple days prior to that.)
Then they did some blood tests.
In the meantime, I realized that the stuff she threw up
was probably some turkey she had a week ago.
For the past few days I've been wondering whether or not
she has something called Cystic Fibrosis.
-Which is when the body can't digest fats and proteins properly.
I prayed that I would know whether or not I needed to go
see a doctor for that, just hours before this incident.
I don't know for sure yet whether she does or not,
but if so, it would make sense as to why her body
did not digest the turkey and probably stopped up her system.
We'll be going to the doctor for that as soon as possible.
One more thing about that too is that
I had a feeling just before she went to bed that
she would throw up bean looking things,
and that there was a possibility that she could die.
(My sister Kim had a neighbor who's child
died from choking on throw-up like that while lying down.
And the picture of THAT child came to my mind last night.)
At that moment I thought it was just a passing thought
and very strange.
I even had the thought to keep their door open last night,
but I didn't do it.
Now, however, it's a witness to me that the Holy Ghost
was warning me that this needs to be taken seriously.
I also KNOW that the Spirit carried her voice into Brett's ears
last night, so that nothing fatal could happen.
My girl is just too precious to me
and the thought of her passing away
(especially from something like that)
just wrenches my heart.
I love my Elizabeth sooo much!!!
I love my Isaac and Ashlyn just as much.
I don't know how people do it when they
lose such beloved children.
But I know that the Comforter is
given to us in such a time.
What a great gift God has given us!
but if so, it would make sense as to why her body
did not digest the turkey and probably stopped up her system.
We'll be going to the doctor for that as soon as possible.
One more thing about that too is that
I had a feeling just before she went to bed that
she would throw up bean looking things,
and that there was a possibility that she could die.
(My sister Kim had a neighbor who's child
died from choking on throw-up like that while lying down.
And the picture of THAT child came to my mind last night.)
At that moment I thought it was just a passing thought
and very strange.
I even had the thought to keep their door open last night,
but I didn't do it.
Now, however, it's a witness to me that the Holy Ghost
was warning me that this needs to be taken seriously.
I also KNOW that the Spirit carried her voice into Brett's ears
last night, so that nothing fatal could happen.
and the thought of her passing away
(especially from something like that)
just wrenches my heart.
I love my Elizabeth sooo much!!!
I love my Isaac and Ashlyn just as much.
I don't know how people do it when they
lose such beloved children.
But I know that the Comforter is
given to us in such a time.
What a great gift God has given us!
Aside from that, Elizabeth has been doing well
since then, just a little diarrhea.
Phew!
I did get paranoid while she was taking
her nap earlier though and checked on her a few times.
since then, just a little diarrhea.
Phew!
I did get paranoid while she was taking
her nap earlier though and checked on her a few times.
This is how she looked this evening.
I spent a lot of good time with her tonight.
It's interesting how when something shakes
you up like that, you can become more sensitive to
your surroundings and what's going on.
I even rocked her to sleep tonight,
because I just needed that time with her,
since I was so shaken up with her possibly being in
critical condition earlier.
It's interesting how when something shakes
you up like that, you can become more sensitive to
your surroundings and what's going on.
I even rocked her to sleep tonight,
because I just needed that time with her,
since I was so shaken up with her possibly being in
critical condition earlier.
Isaac was pretty hyper today..
4 comments:
wow that is scary! I am glad that things turned out alright. We really hope to see all of you this christmas!
Hey Staci, So glad to hear that Elizabeth is ok. My goodness, that is a scary thing to go through. We will pray for Elizabeth and hope that you will find out what is going on. We love you all tons!!
thats so scary, we're so glad that she is okay we'll keep your little family in our prayers. Hope we get to see you soon.
Poor girl. We are glad she is feeling better. We hope that things are able to get worked out. She sure is a beauty.
Post a Comment