I guess a lot of people are wondering why I think Elizabeth has Cystic Fibrosis, or something that's causing her difficulty.
So I guess I better list the symptoms and maybe someone will know what I might be talking about.
Long-term Symptoms:
*Low weight gain and growth
(at 6 Mos, she was 75% in height and 50% in weight. @ 9 Mos, she had dropped a pound. Then slowly she's been increasing weight and height since then, but she's in the 1 or 2% for weight and height. -Now mind you, @5 months is when I got pregnant and I think my milk thinned out. However, she was eating solids well and eats lots of dairy and a variety of foods)
*She's always has REALLY foul smelling poop. A lot of them are small and hard or else big and green and sometimes mucousy.
*She has always had this really strong smell to her. Kind of like salty skin.
*She also never eats meat and has problems with chocolate. So, when she threw up what I thought was the turkey from a week ago, I thought that may prove the point that she can't digest it. (But possibly her tummy got stopped up from her current illness.)
*She's always tired. She gets bouts of excitedness, but walks around looking tired all the time.
*Lately I can feel her heart pounding.
*It takes a while for her to fall asleep at night.
*She's always been kinda' shaky too.
*She doesn't cough a whole lot or have problems breathing, but from what I've read, Cystic Fibrosis can attack different parts of the body, so not all people have all the symptoms.
Illness symptoms (Probably a viral illness):
*She threw up twice. The first time was chunky and meaty. The second time (today was liquidy.) Both made her choke.
*She's had diarrhea a couple times. The first time more solid and green. The second time like water, brown and seedy.
*Lately she has fainted or fallen suddenly a couple times and then lays there crying, like she's too weak to get up. (That could be due to this illness).
*She says her tummy, ear and head hurts, but the doctor said she doesn't have an infection.
*She hasn't eaten or drank much for the past 5 days, despite my offering several times.
*Bloated belly
Hopefully she can get better soon. Shes' just so weak right now and I feel so sad for her. Love my girl.
1 comment:
Staci,
I will try to do some more research on these symptoms when it is not finals time, but I have a quick question for you, do you have a history of cystic fibrosis in your family? I don't think that our side does. The reason why I ask is because CF is a genetic defect and the child has to have a defective gene from mom and dad. poor girl though, I sure hope she is feeling lots better.
Jared
from the NIH
This condition is inherited in an autosomal recessive pattern, which means both copies of the gene in each cell have mutations. The parents of an individual with an autosomal recessive condition each carry one copy of the mutated gene, but they typically do not show signs and symptoms of the condition.
Post a Comment